Have I got a Monday Cute Meet for you!!!! Not only do we have smart & sexy romance author Avery Flynn in the house but we’ve also got the adorable heroine of Avery’s new book, fashion blogger Sylvie Bissett! And…the chance to win a crazy cool High-Heeled Wonder giveaway! Enjoy this awesome guest post by Avery and be sure to enter to win. Before I place you in her capable hands, I just want to say that I loved this book! When Tony Falcon describes Sylvie as a “five-foot-three lemon drop”, I melt. This is one you’ll definitely want to read. And without further ado…
The Key to Survival? It’s in the Bag By Avery Flynn
If your purse/handbag/pocketbook is anything like mine it is a black hole of crumpled receipts, mysteriously sticky Hot Wheels cars, pens without ink and change. I try to clean it out every few months, but have to admit I usually try to skip it because I’m a big chicken.
I know, I know. I write about the fashion industry and yet my own purse is a total mess. That’s why I sat down with the High-Heeled Wonder herself, Sylvie Bissett (shhh, come on play along with the crazy writer girl) to find out what every woman should have in her purse. Here’s what the hottest fashion blogger in Harbor City had to say.
1. Lipstick. Three shades. You never know when the mood to change will strike you. Plus, if you’re a slacker about cleaning out your bag *ahem Flynnie* you will always have the perfect shade on hand.
2. Mints. Nothing may taste as good as General Tsos from The Darling House, but it is killer on your breath—making it all the more awkward when you’re trying to get a lip lock on the hot private investigator posing as your boyfriend so you two can track down a stalker. Hey, it could happen to you.
3. Mad Money. You never know when you’ll find the perfect sparkly accessory or need to give the waitress an extra tip to ignore the fact that you spent most of your lunch making out—or thinking about making out—with your pretend boyfriend.
4. Smartphone. Perfect to read all your favorite fashion blogs other than High-Heeled Wonder (may I recommend Tom and Lorenzo or Go Fug Yourself?) or to call the cops when a demented human trafficker/fashion designer is holding you at gunpoint.
5. Ballet Flats. I’m taking a chance even telling you that I own flats, but when a woman is running for her life, heels aren’t always the best option. Go with something in a bright color that will add a perfect pop of flash to any outfit. Plus the soft kind will fold flat at the bottom of your bag.
Well there you have it. The key to survival is in the bag.
Enter the High-Heeled Wonder Shoes, Swag and Books Extravaganza Giveawayfor your chance to win a $100 DSW gift certificate, books from Entangled Ignite authors releasing in January (Avery Flynn, High-Heeled Wonder; Jody Wallace, Angeli; Julie Rowe, Molly Gets Her Man; Caridad Pineiro and Cathy Perkins, Love International Style box set) and more!
“When a fashionista and her bodyguard get tangled up together, watch out for sizzling sex and surprising plot twists.” New York Times best seller Rebecca York
Tony Falcon, an investigator from the other side of the tracks, is the olive oil to fashion blogger Sylvie Bissette’s Evian water, but it’s not just her temper he’s inciting. When Sylvie’s stalker almost runs her over in broad daylight, Tony must pose as her boyfriend to infiltrate the close-knit fashion community. In a world full of overblown egos and cutthroat ambition, Sylvie and Tony must work together to find her stalker before she ends up with a literal knife in the back.
Avery Flynn loves a hockey-addicted husband, has three slightly wild children and is desperately wishing someone would invent the coffee IV drip. Find out more about her on her website (www.averyflynn.com), Twitter (@AveryFlynn) or Facebook (facebook.com/AveryFlynnAuthor). She posts all sorts of fashion, reading and hero inspiration pictures on Pinterest (pinterest.com.AveryFlynnBooks).
Seriously? How cute is she with all those shoes? Big hugs to Avery and Sylvie for stopping by on Monday Cute Meet! Good luck to everyone entering the giveaway and happy reading.